Parish Verification Guidelines for In-Parish Tuition Discount
Saint Theresa Parish Verification Guidelines are for the purposes of Catholic Elementary (Kindergarten - Grade 8). Tuition Discount
are as follows:
are as follows:
- One must be officially registered as a parishioner of St. Theresa, as recorded in our parish database. Registration and welcoming gatherings are scheduled periodically throughout the year; call the parish office (602.840.0850) for further information.
- If recently registered at St. Theresa (within past 6 months), a statement from former parish of “active, registered and participating” status at that parish will be accepted to qualify for tuition discount until regular parishioner status can be established at St. Theresa.
- Registration requirement applies to the custodial parent/guardian of child.
- Catholics are obliged to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. This standard is an ancient one in our tradition, provided to help the Catholic maintain regular contact with the Word of God, the Eucharist and one’s faith community. Parents of Catholic students should be particularly aware of this teaching of the Church.
- Level of financial support would vary from family to family depending on the family’s income. The biblical tradition of a tithe is 10% of one’s income – Catholic guidelines generally recommend an ideal of 5% given to support one’s parish, 5% given to support other charities. In a community such as ours, it would generally not be unreasonable to expect a minimum of $10 per week.
- Genuine financial need of a family is always considered when assessing a family’s level of financial support. If annual support is less than the reasonable minimum, a letter of explanation could be addressed to the Pastor for his consideration. Frequency of Mass attendance, as demonstrated by the regular use of the parish contribution envelope system (see above) as well as a copy of the school’s Financial Aid application would be required and taken into consideration in such cases.
- Verified, regular participation of the student or a parent in one of the ministries of St. Theresa Parish (excluding required school volunteer opportunities) will also be considered as a criterion to establish verification as an “active, registered and participating” parishioner of St. Theresa.