Knowledge of the Faith
Teaching to Pray
Educating for the Life, Community, and History of the Church
The Church’s Missionary Life and Service
World History Survey
Sixth Grade students will survey with an emphasis on ancient civilizations through the Reformation, geographic focus on Africa, and the role of Religion.
History of Earth
Weather and Climate
Ratios and Proportional Relationships
• Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
The Number System
• Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
• Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
• Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
• Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
• Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
• Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
• Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
• Develop understanding of statistical variability.
• Summarize and describe distributions.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Introduction to the Spanish language.
Introduction to the culture of Spanish speaking nations.
Identify and utilize the Elements of Art in the creation of artwork.
Identify and utilize the Principles of Art in the creation of artwork.
Utilize media and method for 2-D Art.
Utilize media and method for 3-D Art.
Demonstrate safety awareness and care for art materials
Understand and appreciate the place of art in historical context and cultural heritage as it relates to, reflects, and documents history as well as current times.
Participate in the visual arts.
Evaluate, analyze, and describe their own works of art and the work of others.
Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
Apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Count, perform and identify rhythms of different values and in varying tempos.
Identify and distinguish components of melody and harmony.
Recognize themes and motifs in music
Discover aspects of tone production and quality of vocal and instrument families.
Learn basic harmonic structures.
Discover musical expressions through performing, composing and listening.
Study music history and its influence on culture.
Explore musical instruments.
Explore careers in the field of music.
Evaluate music critically through listening and performing.
Identify vocabulary and differentiate between musical styles.
Creativity and Innovation
Knowledge and Ideas
Models and Simulations
Trends and Possibilities
Communication and Collaboration
Effective Communications and Digital Interactions
Digital Solutions – Contribute to Project Teams
Global Connections – Create Cultural Understanding and Awareness
Research and Information Literacy
Planning Strategies of Guide Inquiry Using Technology
Processing Locate, Organize Analyze, Evaluate Synthesize and Ethically Use Information
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
Safety and Ethics
Leadership for Digital Citizenship
Impact of Technology
Technology Operations and Concepts
Understanding – Technology Terms, Processes, Systems and Applications
Troubleshoot Systems and Processes
Transfer current Knowledge to Learning New Technologies