Educating for the Life, Community, and History of the Church
The Church’s Missionary Life and Service
Grammar / Writing
Early American Peoples Through Early Westward Expansion
Fifth grade students will establish an understanding of Early American peoples through the War of 1812, with a focus on the development of the United States, its government, people and geography with an emphasis on recognizing the relationship of our Catholic identity and social justice to the formation of our country.
Structure and Properties of Matter
Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems
Space Systems: Stars and the Solar System
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Write and interpret numerical expressions.
• Analyze patterns and relationships.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Understand the place value system.
• Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
Numbers and Operations – Fractions
• Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subtract fractions.
• Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
Measurement and Data
• Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
• Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
• Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Introduction to the Spanish language.
Introduction to the culture of Spanish speaking nations.
Identify and utilize the Elements of Art in the creation of artwork.
Identify and utilize the Principles of Art in the creation of artwork.
Utilize media and method for 2-D Art.
Utilize media and method for 3-D Art.
Demonstrate safety awareness and care for art materials
Understand and appreciate the place of art in historical context and cultural heritage as it relates to, reflects, and documents history as well as current times.
Participate in the visual arts.
Evaluate, analyze, and describe their own works of art and the work of others.
Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
Apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Count, perform and identify rhythms of different values and in varying tempos.
Identify and distinguish components of melody and harmony.
Recognize themes and motifs in music
Discover aspects of tone production and quality of vocal and instrument families.
Learn basic harmonic structures.
Discover musical expressions through performing, composing and listening.
Study music history and its influence on culture.
Explore musical instruments.
Explore careers in the field of music.
Evaluate music critically through listening and performing.
Identify vocabulary and differentiate between musical styles.
Creativity and Innovation
Knowledge and Ideas
Models and Simulations
Trends and Possibilities
Communication and Collaboration
Effective Communications and Digital Interactions
Digital Solutions – Contribute to Project Teams
Global Connections – Create Cultural Understanding and Awareness
Research and Information Literacy
Planning Strategies of Guide Inquiry Using Technology
Processing Locate, Organize Analyze, Evaluate Synthesize and Ethically Use Information
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
Safety and Ethics
Leadership for Digital Citizenship
Impact of Technology
Technology Operations and Concepts
Understanding – Technology Terms, Processes, Systems and Applications
Troubleshoot Systems and Processes
Transfer current Knowledge to Learning New Technologies