Educating for the Life, Community, and History of the Church
The Church’s Missionary Life and Service
History through People and Places
Third graders will examine and evaluate history through the influences that people and places have had over time, develop and utilize map skills, and be introduced to social justice and conflict resolution. Third graders will apply their newly gained knowledge through the evaluation and creation of performance based tasks.
Forces and Interactions
Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
Inheritance and Variation of Traits: Life Cycles and Traits
Weather and Climate
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division.
• Understand properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division.
• Multiply and divide within 100.
• Solve problems involving the four operations, and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Numbers and Operations – Fractions
• Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
Measurement and Data
• Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition.
• Geometric measurement: recognize perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
• Reason with shapes and their attributes.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Identify and utilize the Elements of Art in the creation of artwork.
Identify and utilize the Principles of Art in the creation of artwork.
Utilize media and method for 2-D Art.
Utilize media and method for 3-D Art.
Demonstrate safety awareness and care for art materials
Understand and appreciate the place of art in historical context and cultural heritage as it relates to, reflects, and documents history as well as current times.
Participate in the visual arts.
Evaluate, analyze, and describe their own works of art and the work of others.
Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
Apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Count, perform and identify rhythms of different values and in varying tempos.
Identify and distinguish components of melody and harmony.
Recognize themes and motifs in music
Discover aspects of tone production and quality of vocal and instrument families.
Learn basic harmonic structures.
Discover musical expressions through performing, composing and listening.
Study music history and its influence on culture.
Explore musical instruments.
Explore careers in the field of music.
Evaluate music critically through listening and performing.
Identify vocabulary and differentiate between musical styles.
Creativity and Innovation
Knowledge and Ideas
Models and Simulations
Trends and Possibilities
Communication and Collaboration
Effective Communications and Digital Interactions
Digital Solutions – Contribute to Project Teams
Global Connections – Create Cultural Understanding and Awareness
Research and Information Literacy
Planning Strategies of Guide Inquiry Using Technology
Processing Locate, Organize Analyze, Evaluate Synthesize and Ethically Use Information
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
Safety and Ethics
Leadership for Digital Citizenship
Impact of Technology
Technology Operations and Concepts
Understanding – Technology Terms, Processes, Systems and Applications
Troubleshoot Systems and Processes
Transfer current Knowledge to Learning New Technologies